Covid-19 has sucked.
Let me rephrase that: Covid-19 has SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, Big Time.
It’s hard to find anything positive about the Coronavirus:
- I got to know the 4 walls inside my apartment intimately.
- We learned how to shop for groceries like a ninja on a shot clock.
- Booze sales skyrocketed as parents coped with kids’ home learning.
- And we’re all now Zoom experts.
That’s about it.
Constantly dealing with death and health and stress and lack of food and funds has forced all of us, even if we don’t want to, to confront the fact that we’re not indestructible (I’m looking at you, Trevor) and we won’t live forever.
I’m going to die. You’re going to die. Your Grandma has to die. And so will your kids.
There’s nothing you can do about this. It’s inevitable. It will happen.
Sure, Tech Billionaires like Oracle’s Larry Ellison and Palantir’s Peter Thiel think they can “solve death” as if it’s a problem like loud velcro.
And Microsoft has a patent to create a “bot” of you in the future that can communicate with your loved ones.
But that’s pie in they sky mumbo jumbo. Death happens. So what can we do about it?
We can think about Our Goodbye so that we Exit with Grace and Care.
The Greatest Gift you can give your family & friends on the way out is to make it as easy for them as possible:
- Easy to know what you want for your funeral/memorial
- Easy to set aside money to pay for your final wishes
- Easy to celebrate your life with laughter and joy
- Easy to actively remember you by making the tools to do so simple and fun
Let Coronavirus serve as a Wake Up Call:
- To Ask Questions.
- Jot Down Ideas.
- And Listen.
Create Your Simple Plan
Visit Farewell Project & Create Your Simple Plan So Friends & Family Know What You Want